Our Edgewood Healthcare teams are extremely excited to share promising and long-awaited positive news in the fight against COVID-19. Each day, more and more Edgewood residents and staff across our company are choosing to receive their first and second doses of the COVID-19 vaccine. We are so proud of, and give our gratitude to, the 74% of our 3,600+ residents and 38% of our 2,700+ staff who elected to receive their first dose of the vaccine, plus the 44% of residents and 20% of employees have already received both doses. Our staff and residents’ dedication to health allows us to continue to provide quality care in safe community environments, for our current and future residents.
Between Edgewood’s early and on-going safety protocols and these much-anticipated vaccination clinics, the total number of positive cases across Edgewood’s 64 communities is now less than 20 active cases.
New Reopening Guidance
These positive shifts across our communities mean that Edgewood is able to begin slowly reopening many of the day-to-day activities we’ve all missed so dearly, including family visitation, communal dining and group life enrichment activities.
In order to best manage everyone’s expectations, we must share that each state, county and Edgewood community may be at varying stages of reopening activities based on the current community spread, county positivity rate and operating in compliance with all current state regulations.
As a baseline for guidance across the company, the following practices have been implemented:
- In-apartment visitation is permitted. All visits must be scheduled in advance. Give your loved one’s community a call to schedule your visit!
- Visits should not extend beyond 1 hour unless the resident is 14 days post vaccination. There is no time limit on visitation time for vaccinated residents.
- Does not apply to SD communities, all visits must be limited to 1 hr.
- In-apartment or in-house (in designated areas within the Edgewood community) visitation will cease with any confirmed resident and/or employee positive cases (applies to ID, MN, NE, SD and WY communities). In-house visitation only may continue with appropriate PPE and symptom monitoring in MT and ND.
- Compassionate care visits are still permitted, regardless of positive case status, following proper PPE and symptom monitoring.
- Communal dining may resume for all meals with appropriate measures. Larger Edgewood communities may be required to offer multiple serving times per meal to accommodate social distancing guidelines.
- Life Enrichment activities will resume for groups of 20 or less with appropriate PPE, infection control and social distancing.
Continual Safety Measures
As always, our Edgewood teams continue to work diligently in following all proper PPE usage, frequent cleaning and sanitizing, social distancing and other measures to mitigate the risk of possible COVID exposure. This includes weekly PCR or antigen testing of residents and staff.
Edgewood staff, families and residents have all shared their optimism and excitement as vaccines were rolled out, and to lowering restrictions.
“We’re extremely thankful that our residents and their families will have the opportunity to once again reunite and connect in-person. We can’t wait to see you all soon!” said Robert Ford, President, Edgewood Healthcare.