Dear Edgewood Family & Friends:
Our number one priority has always been and will continue to be the health and safety of our residents and staff. During this global COVID-19 outbreak, Edgewood Healthcare has implemented multiple proactive and increasingly enhanced safety measures and restrictions.
Edgewood has consistently been on the forefront, leading the industry in an effort to prevent the virus’s entry into any of our Edgewood communities or the multitude of other healthcare entities we partner with. We’re continually monitoring recommendations issued by The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the multiple Departments of Health in all the respective states in which we operate, as well as many local city and county agencies. Our protocols continue to evolve as we navigate this ever-changing situation.
Below are examples of the enhanced safety measures we’ve taken across the company, with even stricter protocols being followed in several locations. We understand this is a difficult time for everyone, and many of these safety measures make life as we know it very different, but we’re confident they’re the best way to keep your loved ones healthy and happy, until we can all be together again!
- Resident temperature monitoring and symptom checks are initiated per CDC and/or each state’s Department of Health recommendations.
- All residents that exhibit respiratory symptoms/fever are isolated in their Edgewood apartment and we’re coordinating with their primary care providers.
- Residents are greatly discouraged from leaving their Edgewood community for any reason outside of required medical visits/treatments. This includes being picked up by or leaving to visit family.
- Edgewood Healthcare recently launched a company-wide Telehealth program utilizing our preferred medical providers, so all residents across the company now have access to virtual medical visits from the convenience of their Edgewood apartment.
- Employees are required to log their temperature and attest they are symptom-free at the beginning of every shift.
- Any employee who is experiencing any symptoms/fever similar to those associated with COVID-19 are restricted from working in the community and must follow CDC guidelines before returning.
- Any employees who travels outside their normal daily routine are restricted from working in the community for 14 days.
- Advanced education and training on the use of personal protective equipment (PPE), infection control and compliance have also been put in place for all employees.
- We continue to monitor and implement the recommendations issued by each state’s respective Department of Health regarding the use of personal protective equipment.
Visitation & Deliveries:
- We’ve restricted all visitors to any Edgewood community, including having any necessary deliveries left outside the building in a designated drop-off location.
- Family and friends are still permitted to drop off food, supplies and other items to be delivered to residents; please contact your local Edgewood community for details on where and how to do so.
- In addition to Edgewood’s stringent daily cleaning procedures, our housekeeping staff additionally cleans all touch points (door handles, hand rails, etc.) a minimum of 2x per day with a CDC-recommended peroxide solution.
- The set-up of our dining rooms as well as additional dining times have been adjusted to meet social distancing guidelines. All tables are appropriately cleaned between seatings. We continue to monitor and implement the recommendations issued by each state’s respective Department of Health regarding dining practices.
- Life enrichment activities have been greatly cut back and organized to follow social distancing guidelines or whenever possible via virtual communication tools like FaceTime or Skype. There are no off-site life enrichment activities or visiting entertainers or volunteers in the community.
Move-Ins or Return from Hospital:
- Edgewood communities are following stringent admission protocols and continue to work on a case-by-case basis regarding the permission to allow new residents to move-in or current residents to return from the hospital or another extended care facility.
Since receiving early notifications regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, Edgewood Healthcare has taken swift and definitive action, and will continue to do so as we navigate all the unknowns of our current situation. We appreciate your continued support as we work to best serve our residents and staff members during these uncertain times.
Edgewood continues to encourage families and friends to use alternate means of visiting virtually with their senior loved ones, through the use of FaceTime, Skype or other video communication technologies. Please reach out to coordinate a virtual visit or for more information.
Should you have any questions regarding Edgewood’s COVID-19 related protocols, please contact us at email@example.com.